If you think you might be pregnant, or you’re not sure whether the symptoms you’re feeling are pregnancy-related, Pregnancy Center of the Coastal Bend can help. This quick online questionnaire will help you determine whether or not you’re experiencing the early signs of pregnancy.
Please call us at (361) 991-2008 to schedule a free and confidential pregnancy test.
- When was your last period?
- One of the most reliable signs of being pregnant is if your period is late or never comes. However, some women also experience cramping and spotting in early pregnancy that makes them think they are having a period. Other women have irregular menstrual cycles that are difficult to track. In these cases, you may want to schedule a pregnancy test or medical consultation.
- Are you experiencing early pregnancy symptoms?
- nausea and or vomiting
- sore or tender breasts
- cramping or light spotting
- fatigue and tiredness
- food cravings or food aversions
- frequent urination
- Have you already taken a pregnancy test?
- If you’ve already taken a pregnancy test, you might be wondering whether or not your result was accurate. There are two kinds of inaccurate tests: false negatives and false positives.
- False negatives – where the test says you aren’t pregnant but you really are – are common. The usual reason for a false negative is not waiting long enough to take the test. Pregnancy tests are more accurate when you wait longer for pregnancy hormones to build up in your body. To get a definite reading from a pregnancy test, you’ll need to wait until after you should have started your period.
- False positives – where the test says you are pregnant but you’re not – are extremely rare. They generally only occur when you are taking specific medications or have other health problems. In almost every case, if you have a positive pregnancy test it means you are pregnant.
All services are free and confidential. Call (361) 991-2008 to learn more about our services.