Abortion Information Rockport, Texas# 1 Source for Abortion Information in Rockport, TX
ABORTION PROCEDURE INFORMATION
MEDICAL ABORTION (ABORTION PILL)
Medication abortion also called the abortion pill, can be taken up to 70 days (10 weeks pregnant). The pill (two drugs, mifepristone and misoprostol) is taken in two doses, one typically at a doctor’s office and the other at home.1
The FDA strongly cautions people against buying drugs from certain Internet pharmacies and specifically warns people not to buy Mifeprex, or the generic version (mifepristone) on the Internet because it by-passes safeguards.2,3
There are several types of surgical abortions. Suction aspiration, also called suction curettage, or vacuum aspiration abortion, is performed during the first 6 to 14 weeks gestational stage. Dilation and Evacuation (D&E) is another type of procedure typically done in later weeks. Both types have risks and side-effects and greatly vary depending on your gestation and health.4
WHAT TO DO BEFORE ABORTION ROCKPORT, TX
1. LEARN MORE ABOUT TEXAS ABORTION LAWS
If you live in Rockport Texas, you’re probably unsure what to do with the new abortion restrictions. We can answer any questions you have, call 361-991-2008.
2. GET A FREE ULTRASOUND
If your pregnancy test is positive, our center provides limited obstetric ultrasounds free of charge and we never ask for your insurance.*restrictions may apply An ultrasound will help you learn more about your pregnancy and your options in Rockport, TX.
The gestational age of the pregnancy determines the types of abortion procedures typically used. If you can’t have a medical abortion, or don’t prefer that method, a surgical procedure may be an option. Find out how far along in pregnancy you are to help determine your abortion procedure options. Request an appointment online in Rockport, Texas.
3. SAVE YOURSELF MONEY
Even non-profit abortion providers charge fees for all of their services. Non-profit abortion clinics may use a “sliding scale” payment schedule that is based on your income, but you will have fees you will have to either pay yourself, submit to insurance, or apply to Medicare.
All of our services are 100% free and confidential. Pregnancy Center of the Coastal Bend is a non-profit organization that is free for everyone, regardless of financial circumstances. We exist to provide accurate medical information and support to women and men facing an unplanned pregnancy in Rockport, Texas.
1. MEDICAL ABORTION
Information taken from U.S. Food and Drug Administration (2016). “Mifeprex Medication Guide.” U.S. Department of Health. Retrieved from https://www.fda.gov/drugs/postmarket-drug-safety-information-patients-and-providers/mifeprex-mifepristone-information
4. SURGICAL ABORTIONS
- Paul, M., Lichtenberg, E. S., Borgatta, L., Grimes, D. A., Stubblefield, P. G., & Creinin, M. D. (2009). First Trimester Aspiration Abortion. In Management of unintended and abnormal pregnancy: Comprehensive abortion care (pp. 135-156).
- Chichester, UK: Wiley-Blackwell. Planned Parenthood Federation of America Inc. (2014). In-Clinic Abortion Procedures : Planned Parenthood. Retrieved July 19, 2014.
- American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology. (2013). Practice Bulletin: Second-Trimester Abortion (135).
- Pasquini, L., et al. Intracardiac injection of potassium chloride as method for feticide: Experience from a single U.K. tertiary centre. Br J Obstet Gynaecol. 2008;115(4):528–31.
5. Mayo Clinic. (2020, November 6). Fetal ultrasound. Mayo Clinic – Mayo Clinic. https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/fetal-ultrasound/about/pac-20394149
6. Dugas C, Slane VH. Miscarriage. [Updated 2022 Jun 27]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2022 Jan-. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK532992/
7. Mayo Clinic. (2022, July 29). Medical abortion: Before Using. Mayo Clinic – Mayo Clinic. https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/medical-abortion/about/pac-20394687
- Physician’s Desk Reference. (2022). Korlym (mifepristone) Contraindications dose, indications, adverse effects, interactions… from PDR.net. https://www.pdr.net/drug-summary/Korlym-mifepristone-2928#11
- Physician’s Desk Reference Guide. (2022). Cytotec (misoprostol) dose, indications, adverse effects, interactions… from PDR.net. https://www.pdr.net/drug-summary/Cytotec-misoprostol-1044.430#11
8. Mayo Clinic. (2022, March 12). Ectopic pregnancy – Symptoms and causes. https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/ectopic-pregnancy/symptoms-causes/syc-20372088
9. Mentula MJ, Niinimäki M, Suhonen S, Hemminki E, Gissler M, Heikinheimo O. Immediate adverse events after second trimester medical termination of pregnancy: results of a nationwide registry study. Hum Reprod. 2011 Apr;26(4):927-32. doi: 10.1093/humrep/der016. Epub 2011 Feb 11. PMID: 21317416.
YOUR NEXT STEP